Saturday, April 28, 2007

When it Rains....

it pours:

Yesterday I received THREE packages from my friend and loved ones. What a nice suprise. My Mom sent me a HUGE 3 pound bag of Columbian coffee plus a 3 pound bag of M&M's, my friend Darren sent me 2 - 1 pound bags of Starbucks House blend plus a bunch of nuts and trail mix, and my Aunt sent me a whole bunch of goodies including some CAT toys and a framed picture of the cat. :) Thanks everyone. I walked around like Santa sharing my goodies....but don't worry, I saved some for myself. ;)

Cat Update:
Still haven't seen the cat but we have been looking. As soon as we see him, he'll have some new toys to play with....and if he doesn't then maybe the Rats will like the toy, who knows?

Department Head Screening:
In a few weeks the Aviation Department Head Screening board will meet and decide my fate. And I really mean my fate. If I am not selected, then I cannot make Commander and I will retire by 2009. If I am selected, then I have the opportunity to move forward with my career. Last year's board had a 50% selection rate for EA-6B NFO's....and it's not going to get any better. I am sending three Letter's of Recommendation to the board written by my superior officers and hopefully this will make a difference....We'll see.

Please send out your prayers to LCDR Kevin "Kojak" Davis' (Blue Angel #6) family and loved ones. He will be missed.
As always, thank you for all of your support. K, J & C I love you so much and miss you.
The picture above is of a funky sitting booth in our lobby.

2 comments:

Casa de Tomas said...

Hmmm...I am thinking you need something other than coffee at this point. I'll find a remedy to that.

ea6bflyr said...

Yes, I am good on coffee for now...Thanks. Still haven't mailed your junk....I am still waiting on someone else. :(