Sunday, April 1, 2007

New Best Friend & Christmas!!




New Best Friend:
Well, I have arrived at my new job and I have a new BEST friend. He happens to be the guy I am replacing and he has been here since last summer. He is ready to go home to his family and he also knows that his time here is coming to a close. Boy is he happy and I am happy for him. I'm sure I will be the same way when my relief comes to relieve me.

I've finished all my training and now we are doing a job turnover. He is teaching me all the ins and outs of my new job and how to handle the things that will come my way when dealing with Big Army issues.

Best news is that I am living in a PALACE!! That's right, a palace and this place certainly is a nice place. There is MARBLE everywhere along with ornate woodwork. We have a nice view (when you look outside) and I have a bathroom very close to my room. My room is about 40' x 40' with 15+ foot ceilings and I share it with two other people. I've managed to secure enough bedding that I don't have to sleep in a sleeping bag anymore. How sweet it is!

I refer to the Palace as a Castle....and it's very secure and safe, so please don't worry about me. The area is very green and we have those pesky little blood suckers here too (see previous post).

Christmas:
Because of my new best friend, I am getting an electric teapot (for heating water) and a nice french coffee press. So please send me some premium coffee (Starbucks is always good). I'm sure he will throw some other stuff my way as well because 1) 220 volt products don't work so well in America and 2) It is a pain in the butt to pack all that stuff home.

Today we had the first windy day since I've been here. The visibility was terrible and the sun was blocked out of view. Yummy dirt....That's about all for now.....

Hugs and Kisses to all!

and a Special Happy Birthday to my Big Sister....hope you have a great one!

(Pictures above are my closet (8 feet tall), my bed and my bathroom)

5 comments:

Casa de Tomas said...

Thats for the shout out. Pat and I are looking for the flag or sticker that you put in your window that signifies you have a loved one serving in Iraq. We will proudly display our support by hanging it in our front window. Our neighbors are die hard Republicans and they are happy we moved in next to them because we are DIE HARD Republicans!

ea6bflyr said...

Good to go!!

Darren said...

Roburpto, I have your mailing addy from Kim and will get a care package out to you soon with some tasty coffee (one thing I do know something about..) She tells me that the French press is busted already but another is on its way. Do you have a grinder?

MOM said...

I will send you some good coffee , will also have it ground. love ya MOM

ea6bflyr said...

Sweet...I found out that I am getting a Grinder tooo....So you can send beans too.....Thanks EVERYONE!!