Monday, October 29, 2007

5K, Tourism & Mice!

First pic of of me after the Halloween 5K near a place called 'Z' lake (Because of it's shape)
Next three pictures are from Victory Over America Palace
Last two pictures are from the Ba'ath Party Conference Palace
 
Let see...where to begin?  On Sunday I participated in another 5K run.  This time the run was on Liberty around Z Lake.  I invited some fellow Narmy sailors and they showed up.  Instead of running as fast as I could, I took it easy and ran with a shipmate.  The run was actually fun...we kept each other motivated throughout the run.
 
After the run we had breakfast and then a little re-rack time (NORP: Naval Officer Rest Period).  Then we met up in the afternoon for some lunch and then a guided tour of Victory Over America Palace and the Ba'ath Party Conference Center (See previous post of outside pics).  The tour was very informative and we were able to see much more than we had seen from the outside. 
 
The Victory Over America Palace was close to being completed but in 2003, the Coalition Forces stopped production.  Parts of the palace are beautiful and other parts are not even close to being to finished.  We were able to go up on the roof and look around.....nice view.
 
After the VOA Palace tour, we mad our way over to the Ba'ath Party Conference Center.  This building is WAY messed up!  My goodness, we sure did do some serious damage to that building! Most of the rooms are intact except for the one demolished corner.  We did get to go into that room.  It was a stadium conference room, but instead of seating 250 people, it now only seats 10.
 
The 5K and Tours were a nice change of pace. 
 
Last part: Mouse.  There is a mouse in our office and he's been partaking of PowerBars out of my desk drawers....so I've had to empty my drawers to keep the mouse out......
That's all for now....more pics later!
 

3 comments:

Casa de Tomas said...

That's not a yellow fanny pack is it?

MOM said...

after this Friday, I only need $500 for my Italian trip, will have it all in 2 more weeks. neat huh?

Elphaba said...

WAY COOL, Thanks,, Love it!!!