Saturday, October 13, 2007

Busy Running Around

T-Shirt from 5K "fun" run on 13 OCT 07 (Happy Birthday Navy!)
 
I've been busy this week.  My boss and several of my co-workers were out on theater travel to give some training so I was running OPS.  Oh, my!  I told my boss that I was steering the ship and we might run aground.  For one week, I was responsible for the care and feeding of one O-6, two O-5's and one O-3 in addition to attending a boat-load of meetings.  I was busier than a one legged man at a butt kicking contest. 
 
My boss finally returned yesterday (YEAH!) and my life instantly became 100% better.  So last night we relaxed by playing some poker and we all had a good time.  During the poker game, one of my fellow NARMY Sailors told me about a 5K run.  Remember when I said I would not run 10 Miles, but I would run a 5K?  Well this morning at 7am, in honor of the Navy's 232nd Birthday, I ran a 5K around the lake near Victory over America Palace.  My finishing time was 25 min 56 sec, which comes out to a 8 minute and 23 second mile pace.  The last time I ran a 5K was in Pennsylvania back in 2004 and I think I ran an 8 min 28 second mile pace.  I've actually improved my time. For my efforts, I was awarded the T-Shirt pictured above.
 
Things continue to move along and I'm doing okay.  Thanks for checking on me.

3 comments:

Elphaba said...

A Great Job done, Salutes to you!!
I'm wondering what date you get to head home?

MOM said...

Neat Rob!!!!!!!!!!good job

Ken said...

feeding of one O-6, two O-5's and one O-3

Did you give them Gerber baby food or did they cwyyyy? :)

Great Job, Rob!