Thursday, May 17, 2007

Mudding!

Today I was out and about when it started Mudding. What is mudding? Well, that when it rain becomes mud because there is so much dust and dirt in the air. So instead of it raining, it was mudding. I was in the truck and at first I thought the "rain storm" would clean the truck, but every few seconds I had to squirt the windshield to help the wipers remove the mud drops. It was like I am in some sort of bizzaro world. The truck ended up dirtier than before. In the early evening, we had a big thunder and lightning show and a pretty good down pour. After the storm, the air smell pretty clean, but I'm sure by tomorrow the air will filled with dust and dirt quickly.

Toby Keith is coming to Baghdad on the 22nd of May. Hopefully, some of us are going to see the early afternoon show at a nearby FOB.

I am doing well and I am very safe. I love you K, J & C!!

The picture above is of a burned out hulk near Baghdad International Airport...not sure of any details....it's been there a while.

5 comments:

ashers said...

I went to a rock concert a couple years ago and I experienced something similar..There was so much dust and people around, dust was being kicked up in the air and it was so hot..Then one of the bands (the offspring) brought out this big fire hose and watered down the crowd..I was right in the front row. It became one big cloud of mud..When I went home, I had dirt in places I didn't know I could have dirt at. I know it's not the same in Iraq, but I thought you would like my story..Miss Ya

Elphaba said...

So that's where my old car went..I've been looking all over for it, and looky you ran into it,,,Tell ya thx but the car aint home yet!!!

Casa de Tomas said...

Hey I wondered why there was mud all over the inside of the Jeep...it was YOU!

ea6bflyr said...

Uh-oh, Somebody is in trouble...Ashers!!

elphaba, I'd return your car, but the postage would kill me.

Elphaba said...

Looks like I aint getting it back. Well good thing I bought a new car. Nice and pretty Blue, I call it my puddle jumper,,KIA Spectra5..Love my car...The old one guess you can sell out to newbee's.