Saturday, May 26, 2007

Sad Day...

Today was an especially sad day for me. Every evening after chow, I make a nice fresh pot of coffee with my 1-liter French Press coffee pot. After I share and finish my coffee, I head to the kitchen to clean out, wash and rinse my press for the next day. Well, I had just finished rinsing the pot and I sat it down and it tipped over and the GLASS BROKE! ARHGGG...Oh whoa is me...boo hoo!! Never fear, my blog-reading friends, my super-wife with her shopping super-powers has already sprung into quick action and hopefully by this time next week, I'll be enjoying some fine blends of freshly ground HIGH quality magic brown elixir..er, COFFEE again. Yes, I am addicted to GOOD coffee. Until then, I am remanded to drink the Army sludge they call coffee.

As you enjoy your memorial day weekend, please keep all the folks in Iraq in your prayers. Especially these guys in the picture. They go out EVERY DAY and clear roads of road-side bombs. I ran into one of the drivers one day at the MWR and he told me had been blown up twice in one day. He seemed to think nothing of it other than that was his job and he knows his job saves lives.

All my LOVE to K, J & C!! I hope you enjoy the NEW iPod Nanos!!

6 comments:

ashers said...

ahhh yes coffee...i like mine black.. so you can taste the coffee. wierd i know.. we miss ya.. happy memorial day weekend, we will be thinking of you out there in Iraq.

MOM said...

As I sit here at the computer drinking my own home roasted costa rican I am feeling your loss , I would really miss my morning coffee, by the way I mailed you a package yesterday. love ya

Elphaba said...

I buy the green bean from 2 cup of Joe, Costa Rico, Roast up a weeks worth and grind up daily and make a pot of coffee, Sorry Bro I do love ya, but never mess with my fresh coffee!!!

ea6bflyr said...

Everyone is your buddy when you have freshly pressed Colombian or Costa Rican coffee.....but now I am just an average joe without JOE!!!

Casa de Tomas said...

Someone can be your buddy for a couple bucks too!

Svend said...

War is hell big guy.
Hang in there and be darn sure to keep checking your 6.
Svend