Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Tanks a lot!

Tanks a lot:
The other day when I went to Camp Slayer (same place as the water palace in the previous post), I saw a pile of tanks. These were Iraqi tanks that have been in the same location since 2003. I could tell that the tanks had been burned badly and one of the turrets was blown off. There are four tanks at this location. This, now safe, area that I am standing on was a war zone. It's hard for me to fathom the amount of destruction that took place during the beginnings of the war. I certainly see war scars everywhere I look, but several years have passed and most of the wounds have healed. Some of the scars are still visible if you look for them. These scars include destroyed buildings (previous post), and bullet holes in walls and buildings, etc. The areas where we work and live are the safe zone, but outside the guarded walls it's a completely different story.

Now if you really want to the truths of war and which political party has killed more Americans for the cause of war then click HERE.

1 comment:

Elphaba said...

Thanks, I enjoyed that. Can't wait on more to come...