Friday, June 1, 2007

Back in Business!!

Coffee Press Poem by me
My coffee press is brewin' just for me,
that delicious brown elixir, can't you see?
Smell the fresh ground roast in the air;
Everyone wants some, handle it with care.

Today I received my
new Bodum-Young Coffee press and quickly placed it into action. Yup, it works. I am again the envy of all connoisseurs here. With the help of my super-wife I am back in business. Honey, you are my super-hero and I really appreciate EVRYTHING you do for me (and the Navy).

Things are going well here and if all the stars align just right, I will be home on R&R by the end of the month. The Army runs a pretty good R&R (Leave) program that takes us forward deployed folks all the way home and back. The super-wife and kids are anxious and I am really looking forward to just unwinding at home. Don't worry, my wife has already started the "Honey-Do" list and I should have a few things to do to keep me busy while I am at home.

My mom sent me a bunch of puzzles made of wood, plastic and rope....the guys are playing with them just as much as I am. I already figured out about half of them. The Chocolate in the box did not fare well, I'm afraid. So for future reference to all out there, do not send CHOCOLATE in packages (Peanut M&M's are ok). With temps averaging 110 each day and packages sitting in the sun for just a little while, this causes the chocolate to change from solid to liquid and thus a messy ending. That's all for today!!

Super-Wife: I LOVE YOU!! xoxo

3 comments:

Casa de Tomas said...

How long will you be home on R&R?

ea6bflyr said...

15 Days!! Whoooo-Hoooo!!!

Casa de Tomas said...

Enjoy the time with the family!