Sunday, June 17, 2007

Groundhog effect, the Moon and Heat

Well, I am in a routine that is starting to feel like groundhog's day. For those of you that have never experienced it, it's like waking up every day and it feels like the previous day. One of my fellow bloggers aptly called each day a Tuesday. Tuesday seems to get lost in the week because it's not Monday, or Wednesday (Hump day), or Friday (TGIF!!). It's Tuesday because Tuesdays are, for the most part, bland and most people have no strong feelings towards Tuesday.

I try to make each day a little different. Today I swept and mopped my room. That made it a bit different, but it's still Tuesday. Soon, I'll get to experience some R&R and actually have weekends....although, while you are on vacation every day is a Saturday!!!

One interesting thing that I observed that I haven't mentioned yet is that here in Iraq (or middle east), a quarter moon is on the bottom of the moon. It's really strange, especially when you are used to seeing a quarter moon a specific way. In the United States, all of the quarter moons are either Left or Right. Here they are on the bottom. I'll have to wait until we have a crescent moon and take a picture to show you. It's pretty different.

On another note, I thought I'd make up a new name for this 115 degree heat. It's beyond hot and hot really doesn't give it justice. Please post (or email) suggestions for a new description word for 115 degree Middle East Hot.

Thanks to all the well wishers from my last post. I appreciate the support and thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Elphaba said...

You can always call it the Eastern Oven of Iraq. The oven that just keeps getting Hotter!!When you reach 128 %, then you will be at Phoenix Arizona hottest of their Aug summer!!

ea6bflyr said...

Oh, I think it will get hotter than that....

Svend said...

But it's a dry heat