Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Happening's

Alright, I said I'd tell you all about it and here it goes:
As part of my job, I teach some of the new guys about what I do for the Army. The training department has expanded the role of the those of us who teach to mentoring as well. This week I took some of the new guys and showed them what I do through on-the-job-training....or as the Navy calls it OJT. What better way to learn then by doing it. So I had two groups of four people I had to shuttle back and forth on two different days and they got some good hands-on training out of it.

Well, while I was over at the Head Quarters building, I was grabbed by the big boss and his assistant. They told me that I was coming back to Head Quarters to replace a guy that will be leaving shortly. So within a week or so, I will move across the base and move into a trailer and work back at HQ. I will miss working, living & playing with the Army guys I've come to know over the past six months. My replacement will be here shortly and after about 3-4 days of training and turnover, I will get some training and turnover of my own for the job I am about to take.

As part of doing all this training, I've been driving back and forth from my FOB to the other FOB and I've seen a few interesting things crossing the road this week:
1) field mouse
2) mongoose
3) coyote

I didn't know that Iraq had mongoose running wild. At first, I thought it was a ferret, but after asking around, Iraq apparently has these little furry creatures. News to me. Oh yeah, because it's cooling down a bit, the bats have returned....They are flying around everywhere. GO BATS! I like them because they eat the mosquitoes.

Now I have to pack all my stuff and move. I am somewhat bummed about moving all my junk. Oh well, I gotta do what I gotta do.

2 comments:

Elphaba said...

Nice to know you are still in great spirits over all the moving and shuffling around. I am still underway to the up coming Wedding of the year 2008. We have been getting things each pay check, and putting things together. All is well in the game of Love and War!!!ha!! Love the new book I'm reading, it has helped me grow in a spiritual way. Its called Thank you for being such a pain, Spiritual guidance for dealing with difficult people. I can only say WOW!!! Did I tell ya, I love this book??? Yeap I have been working on the Spiritual me for a few months. Good learning too..Love ya little bro...

Ken said...

yay bats! Hope you're doing well over there, bro!