Friday, August 10, 2007

Run Away! Run Away!!

Today was much like any other day, but today I was doing laundry. I went down into the laundry room and much to my dismay, the lights were out, so it was very dark. I carry a INOVA LED flashlight on my dog tag chain. I turned it on to see if I could find the light switch. I found a light switch and flicked it on but no luck. As I scanned the area with my little light I spotted a rather LARGE Camel spider at eye level no more than a foot from my face. I was taken aback, but it did not move. The spider was about 3-3.5 inches from pincers to tail. This is the biggest one I've ever seen in real life. The stories about these spiders is enough to scare anyone silly.....most of the myths are urban legend. They apparently aren't spiders, but solpugids. Anyway, I dropped off my laundry and scurried up to my room to grab my camera to capture this Kodak moment. I'm just glad these things aren't living in my room.

Heading into another Flight Suit Friday...Now only 18 more to go. Wooohooo!

Thanks for your support and for stopping by. Love, hugs and kisses to my family.

9 comments:

Svend said...

Coming son to a desert theater of war ... "Arachnaphobie II - the Revenge"

Casa de Tomas said...

Hey, how do you know they arent hanging out in your room?

ea6bflyr said...

Good point....I think they aren't in my room.....Plus I've looked around really good.

Casa de Tomas said...

Be on the lookout for a box of gerdunk.

Casa de Tomas said...

P.S. I know you call it GEEDUNK but I called it gerdunk on purpose because of whats in the box reminds me of Homer Simpson growling while eating.

ea6bflyr said...

Thanks sis, I appreciate it and I'm sure all the fella will appreciate it too...Doh!

Elphaba said...

Yup, I've heard of these "spiders" and it ain't pretty the damage they do to ya...Or what you have left from the "Bite"....I would not wish these "spiders" on anyone!!!!!

Casa de Tomas said...

Renee...those urband legends ARE NOT TRUE!!!

ashers said...

Yikes!! Thats quite a spider. I would have to scream!!