Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Adjusting

I am still adjusting to the new job. Today, I went for a run around a place called Lost Lake. I was told that's where Uday and Kusay used to live.

The weather in the mornings is very nice for jogging...around 85 degrees F or so. I also cleaned up our deck today...it was coated with about a quarter of an inch of sand and dirt. I rinsed all the dirt off with a hose. I still need to vaccum my room, but I have found it very liveable.

The picture to the right is of me and a couple of buddies. They have been here as long as I have because we all went through training together back in the states (See Blogs from FEB07). We should all be leaving about the same time and then we'll all head our separate ways. Mike (L) is a Prowler NFO like me and Jim (C) is a Helo Pilot. It's good to be back around my own type (Navy that is). Us Navy types go to chow together and tell sea storys or just laugh and joke about silly things that go on over here.

I am looking forward to getting home and back to civilization as you all know it. It's a different world over here....that's for sure.

K, J, & C I miss you and love you.....

3 comments:

Svend said...

Rob,
Please tell me you do more than clean over there ...

Darren said...

Great pic, Rob! While you're cleaning, clean that mud off your upper lip, will ya? Ann and the kids didn't even recognize you. Some sort of disguise to ward off the enemy? ;-)

Wish Kim a Happy Birthday for us when you talk to her!

Darren

ea6bflyr said...

Yes, I do more than CLEAN, but because I can't talk about my job, I talk about the other things that fill my day....he he he

I don't have any mud on my lip...oh wait, that's my cheezy moustache.... ;)