Friday, September 21, 2007

Small World

Today as we were heading into the DFAC (Dining Facility) on FOB Liberty, I spotted this sign posted outside of the DFAC and thought what a SMALL WORLD.  My mother, brother and sister all live in an around Medford, Oregon.  It put a smile on my face and put me in a good mood for the rest of the day.  I told my co-worker that I needed to bring my camera back for a picture and he instead pulled out his micro-sized camera and took this pic.  It was really bright outside and he couldn't get the flash to work, so I'm a little washed out but it is me in my Flight Suit (Flight suit Friday).
 
Yesterday I helped a buddy move from Liberty to Slayer.  He had to move because he was asked to make room for some other folks.  He was pretty good about the whole situation, so I helped him out.  It took us about 45 minutes to load the vehicle with all his stuff.  He had the same realization that I had when I moved: "Look how much junk I have."  We both agreed we'd need to get rid of some stuff before we re-deploy home.
 
That's all I have from Baghdad....Another post soon.

2 comments:

Casa de Tomas said...

I can hear the "Its a Small World" song playing in the background.

Svend said...

I like the look - very covert