Sunday, September 16, 2007

Pics of my new Abode

As you can see, it's not the palacial lifestyle I was living, but I do have a fridge, a closet and a small desk. No internet yet. The room is very small, but it's private. There are two rooms in this Cargo container along with a bathroom. (It's no kidding a cargo container that you'd see in the shipyards).

We had a BBQ last night at HQ and it was really nice to hang out, BS, eat some food and relax for a bit. We had grilled steaks, ribs, chicken, salad, chips, sodas, and desserts. We also had some fireworks thanks to our friends from Baghdad. :)

I'm still adjusting to my new job and I am starting to build my situational awareness of what the job entails. It's a much different job that what I was doing before and I almost have my biological clock turned around. The job basically entails being a jack of all trades revolving around operations.

This post looks a lot different than most of my other posts because the Army's FUN police have blocked any commercial website that would bring happiness or joy to a soldier's life (to include all blogs, you-tube, etc.). I have figured out another way to post. Don't you just love the resourceful military? That's about all from Baghdad.

4 comments:

MOM said...

As long as you can still make that good java, you will be ok,love ya son

Svend said...

Stateroom on your ship of the desert ...

Elphaba said...

I don't think I ever lived in something soo small. Glad your moved and moving on..Any new pictures of Iraq? or any more Geocaching?

Casa de Tomas said...

Hey that cargo container is nicer than that dump of a trailer we lived in off southern ave!